Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Commonly heard phrases at 0300...

So, I realized that we say some of the funniest, dumbest, and honest things during the wee hours of the morning. I thought I would start a list. I will put down the ones I know right now, and add them as I come accross them.

1. "Not it" (when the pager goes off in the room and its not yours)
2. "Tight as a tick" (the lungs you dirty people)
3. "Mama/Sir, did you have any alcohol tonight?" (response) "No!" (+alch in blood)
4. "Why were you smoking with your oxygen on?"
5. "This will only hurt real quick"
6. "No, I'm not 17 and taking care of you, I promise I'm old enough"
7. RN: "the patient is brain dead" Student: "when are they going to wake up?"
8. "Can you check that patients stats?" Me: "well, do you want age? height? weight?" person: "no, their stats!" Me: "you want me to check their sats?" Person: "yes!!!" *SIGH*
9. MD: "Oh! So, you want some sexy vent settings?" (coming from the MD it came from, I grinned ear to ear)

No comments:

Post a Comment